Monday, March 5, 2018

Celebrating Today {#sol18 day 5}

Today I am celebrating.
My oldest made it a whole day at school.
She felt awful most of the day, but she stuck it out and we made the day.
I cannot tell you what a huge WIN this feels like.
This, after missing 3 days of our 4 day week last week,
And many more days before that.
Since the week before midterms she has missed more school than in her entire school career up to this point.
Me, too.
This, after starting new meds that make her mostly feel sickish and swimmy.
I bribed, I cajoled, I encouraged, but ultimately
SHE made the day.
She wiped away her tears at multiple points, but
SHE made the day.
And so today we celebrate. 

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I love how you've written this as a poem. The line breaks are powerful. As the mother of a child who struggles to go to school and stay in school, I do know what a cause for celebration this is. We're doing online school this year, and I want to celebrate every day we get through the lessons without kerfuffle! Your daughter is strong and brave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I celebrate with you and your child, as well! Cheers to those good days!

      Delete
  2. Definitely cause for a celebration. I cannot even imagine how hard this must be. Wishing for healthier days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm exhausted, honestly---and so can only imagine the level of exhaustion my kiddo feels. The well-wishes are definitely appreciated!

      Delete