Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Use your influence

So I saw this video today on yahoo and thought it was just great.  Apparently it is the sensational video of the moment.  I honestly didn't know the catchphrase until the end of the video, but it has really stuck with me.  'Cause that's what we as educators try to do.  We try to use our influence.  Positively.  ;)



cute girl catchy dance @ Yahoo! Video

Working as a librarian is a calling. At least that's the way I see it. It is important to remember--- regardless of how tired or cranky one might feel about getting up at flipping 5:30 in the morning or how frustrating it can be to do work that is so amazing yet isn't often recognized as such---that we do have influence.
And it is up to us to use that power wisely.
Because at the end of the day it is MY job, my duty, and my privilege to be a servant leader.  To help others--teachers, students, administrators, parents, and other librarians--in any way I can.

And...maybe, just maybe...if we are really lucky to use my influence to create readers readers everywhere with plenty of words to read. 

So...I book talk with my kids and watch the books fly off the shelves.  I assist the teacher who *perhaps* was not as well-planned as she thought she was and needs something last minute.  I attempt to DAILY live my life as a positive, upbeat, super-geek-cool-intellectual-bad-bootie, ninja librarian reader. 

Today it went well.  :)  Tomorrow we start all over again. 

Cheers to all of you-

Read on, gentle readers, read on.
Mrs. S.



1 comment:

  1. Your video reminded me of this viral one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6D9jiEYxzs Another example of influence in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete