Sunday, June 10, 2012

Teachers Write!

Looking back over week one of my summer online writing community (thanks a million to Kate Messner and friends!) it has been incredibly productive.

Not that I'm finished with the next great novel.  Not that I've even started the next great novel, for that matter, or really even worked on my WIP (work in progress).  But...what I have done is started to get back in the daily habit of writing.

Even when I don't have time.  I find a way to make time.
Even when I'm not feeling the call of the muse.  I try to call the muse to me.
Even when den is in chaos and the bed is calling my name.

Why?

Because in order to be a writer, one must write.
And in case you didn't know this about me, I really, really want to be a writer.

Thanks for listening.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment