Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Currently {#sol17}


Currently I'm...

Creating: a poetry-rich library environment with fun interactive displays to celebrate Poetry Month! I have a black-out poetry station, some book spine poetry made by my student assistants, and a "magnet" poetry that isn't actually magnetic.  What can I say?  I don't have much metal.  We used special reusable double-sided sticky tape on laminated cut-out words.  We have windows.  It works.

Reading: The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See on audiobook, Ray Bradbury's essays on writing in The Zen of Writing, and The Reader by Traci Chee.

Planning for: TLA ---the Texas Library Association conference.  It is simply the best conference ever. Over 8000 librarians of all stripes gathered together for learning and fun.  What could be better?  Oh yeah, it is in my favorite TLA city this year (they rotate)---San Antonio.  So, yeah.  The Alamo, great Tex-Mex, books and margaritas?  yes, please!

Pondering: how I can best meet the needs of my students, my teachers, my admin, my district librarians, and others; how I can grow as an encourager.

Wanting: to exercise.  I've managed to strain my calf muscles and it has set me back from moving as much as I like and as I should.  Ready to fully mend.

Celebrating: School Librarians Day (today!) and School Library Month (all of April)

3 comments:

  1. I hope your calf is okay!! I crave exercising- I hope you get to do it soon!

    http://mbushsliceoflife.edublogs.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. With everything else going on in my life TLA snuck up on me! I mean, I knew it was this month I just didn't realize it was so close! I'm soooooo ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy a Currently post. I've had strained calf muscles before and they are a nightmare to heal! I love all of your ideas for poetry month. You've given me the idea to do some kind of poetry month celebration with my children's lit class before the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete