I'm so very thankful for the new adventures in my new job. I absolutely love being the high school librarian at NHS, and while I certainly still have much to learn and improve upon, I'm very thankful for the opportunity to do so.
- I have really enjoyed working with & getting to know my lovely assistant Paula, who was already in place before I was hired on. I know it can be difficult to "learn" new people, especially when you've trained under someone else (and were close friends with them). Paula has made this transition so much easier for me.
- My co-workers are fabulous. Yes, I still miss my friends from the middle school, but seriously this group of educators has been so welcoming and so open to new ideas. I have great colleagues who are supportive and encouraging.
- The admin gives us Sonic Drink Friday's on the regular. This speaks volumes...VOLUMES, friends.
- My students are flipping AMAZING. Not only has it been so cool to see what my former kiddos from the middle school are up to all these years later, but it has been very cool to meet new students, as well. I'm so blessed to have students who have made me a part of their high school world.
- Each day is a new adventure. Seriously, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to be bored in this gig.
- I have a whole new world of books to enjoy. Ah, the BLISS.
- The opportunity to work with the young writers group has been fantastic and is inspiring me in my writing, too.