This is the image I created with Canva (which is everything awesome and amazing and you NEED it in your life, trust me on this--rush out there to canva.com and go to town) to send out on all our library social media accounts:
(y'all check us out!), as well as sending it to the teachers via a mass email. When I send notices out to teachers I try to make a splashy image that will catch their attention, give them the information in short bits, and be done. I want them to know that while I have info to share, I respect their time.
Open a book, find a treasure. ARRGGGHH.
The kids are clearly already enjoying Captain Jack, as you might discern from the second photo. I don't mind--I enjoy innocent shenanigans and am glad it is getting their attention. ;)
Terrible pic of our wonderful new reading nook. Before this year, this space under the stairs was used to store the carts for the library. Ugly, but useful. I noticed, though, that my kids were always moving things around in order to create little hidey-holes behind the carts. Um....no. This year we've moved the carts back to the storage room and have created a pleasant & inviting nook for my bookish friends who, like hobbits, enjoy cozy spaces. The students love it (well, it did take one a minute to absorb it all--she said---and I quote---wait! what happened to my emo corner?)
And...last but not least....my Slytherin banner. We are bringing M.A.G.I.C. club back and I am now head of Slytherin House. OH YEAH, BABY...I'VE GOT THE POWER!
It's Wednesday and I haven't made my blogging deadlines for the past couple of weeks-- but y'all, I'm flat worn out by the time I get home. Am not draggin' so much today as I was yesterday, nor the day before that. Feeling like this time next week I'll be back on track with this whole getting-up-before-dawn thing that the school year requires.
In other high-points-of-the-week news:
- the FIRST day of school I had students waiting on me to open the library. THE FIRST DAY!!! I had checked out books before our official opening time of 7:30 AM. Be still my heart!
- I have already received many I-read-this-over-the-summer-and-you-must-read-it moments (don't y'all just love those?)
- we added a beautiful new (old--antique--gorgeous--FREE) sofa to the library. Pics of that later.
- I was honored to be asked to read the writing of one of my new students to campus.
- I've been told the library is "so cool". by freshman. boys. who are athletes. let that sink in.
- I've already been asked to come booktalk with a class. JOY!
I hope your new year is off to a fabulous start, too. Let me know how it's going in the comments!