Thursday, March 1, 2018

Roll with it, baby {#sol18 Day 1}


This week has been a roller coaster of a ride, y'all.
Lots of changes.
And we are currently having rain.  Again.
(seriously, it's like living in the Amazon.  or Seattle. except in small-town Texas.)

My February was pretty brutal in many ways, and I couldn't be happier to see it go.
Despite this, and my joy at seeing March arrive at last, one thing remains the same.
The library is the happiest place on earth.
When everything else is falling apart, helping a kid find just the right book, or helping them locate digital resources for a paper, or talking with a teacher to plan a breakout EDU event soothes the soul.
It is my place, and my joy to make it so for others, as well.

Despite all the shifts, all the negative you hear in the world, all the chaos we've been going through personally with some health issues in our family....the library remains a haven.

When everything feels like a crapshoot, being in my library still feels like I've hit the bigtime winner table, and I'm so very thankful.

I'll roll with the changes---whatever will be, will be, right?
I'll roll with the weather---what else can we do? (although growing gills feels like it may be a thing)
Whatever comes I'll roll with it, baby---as long as I've got the ability to breathe the rare air in my library.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it so great to have a job that you love? I feel that way about teaching- every day for more than 30 years, I have gotten to go, every single day, to a job I absolutely love. Nothing better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is absolutely the best, you're right! Year 27 as an educator here---and while I loved the classroom so much, becoming a school librarian held the keys to the kingdom for me.

      Delete