Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Focus Walk


I learn so much from all the fine folks on my various list-serves.  One of them, the fabulous Alice Yucht, posted a link that will be WAY too familiar to those of us who work in the public school system. She apparently ran across it on another blog.

I didn't leave the regular classroom to leave teaching--in fact, I do it every day, but MAN does this video make me cringe with the memories of working at one of my previous schools, in particular.  Rarely is it the actual  teaching part of being a teacher that drives people out of the business in droves. Eerie, really, how close this comes to the reality tons of us work in on a daily basis.  It's this kind of mess that makes me beyond thrilled to be in my happy little home away from home---my wonderful school library.  Not a perfect world, but surely a bit closer to perfect than this.

 Make sure you watch it all the way to the end. 

Focus Walk

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll want to listen to Jimi Hendrix, and then possibly make your own movie. 

How do we make a meaningful shift occur in our world of education?  Any thoughts?


Awaiting your answers...

Read on, gentle readers, Read on.

Mrs. S.

p.s.Alice has a mean turkey recipe she posts every Thanksgiving for those of us on the list-serve.  That woman is surely a wonder!

p.p.s.  that super-funky-cool shot of Jimi is from http://www.jimihendrix.com/, a most intoxicating site to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment