Friday, July 1, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo!


Am so excited about the very first ever Camp NaNoWriMo!  While I have made valiant attempts over the past couple of years to participate during the original November National Novel Writing Month, November just doesn't seem to work out for me all that well.  The past few years I've been furiously reading the final books for the Lone Star list, plus I actually work in November.  


When I saw that Camp was being offered in July, I knew I had to sign up---to at least give it a shot. Two camping sessions will be offered---one in July, and one in August, but again...the whole work thing comes to play in August, so I'm thinking July is my best bet.  


Today is the official start.  I got so excited I ordered a camp care package---for myself! Who could resist, I ask you?  I'm so excited to be at summer camp!


So here's the dealio...I need to actually figure out what I'm gonna write about.  It's not that I don't have ideas---oh, I have ideas alright.  I just need to actually pick one and go with it.  Run amok with my writing.  Let the characters take me where they will.  Enjoy the ride and finish this thing.  


Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment