Monday, January 11, 2016

#happylibchallenge



I have been completely awed by the number of librarians out there who have joined me for this 30 Day Happy Librarian Challenge!  Thank y'all!  I am excited for us to add some happiness to our lives & libraries as we encourage each other and cheer each other one. 




I was so excited for this challenge, that I wasn't quite sure which item I was going to start with, but today I decided to actually water my plants.  Poor guys!  These fellows are thirsty far more often than I'd like to admit.  I have 3 real plants in my library office--all ivy.  I've had them for years.  Honestly, one of them was given to me as a gift when I moved from my past town to Nacogdoches--and that was over 14 years ago!  When I walked into my office this morning I noticed they were all a bit droopy and sad so my decision was made.

Today was a Monday, and minutes after waking, via FB, I learned of the death of rock star David Bowie. Basically, I needed some happy today.  I'll close with a throwback fave and encourage you to put on your red shoes & dance the blues.  



Thank you again for joining me on this journey--and now I'd LOVE to hear from you about how YOUR challenge is going! Comment and/or post to Twitter & Instagram using the hashtag #happylibchallenge

Sonja

p.s. Just found this AMAZING list of bookish Bowie's favorite reads.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment