Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Library Magic

It was an excellent weekend for the libraries around here. First, Saturday afternoon I went to a fabulous event put on my awesome local public library--a tea party celebrating Downton Abbey. Several guests came in costume (not me--as I was on my way to decorate for the next fabulous event!), the decorations were lovely--almost as lovely as the delicious tea & snacks, and they even had crafts!  Check out the fascinator I made!




So.Much.Fun!  and best of all, I got to see some of my favorite people--the local public librarians, who work magic at our library.  I also got to see one of my all-time favorite former students who volunteers there now and has decided to begin her library degree!  My heart melted--because she will be a flipping AMAZING librarian.

Next, it was on to my library, where we held the M.A.G.I.C. Yule Ball.  Yes, I know Yule is long-past.  That's okay--we took some creative license!  We had the Best.Time.Ever. A lovely bunch of Harry Potter folks together with awesome music, great dancing, loads of snacks, and Dobby.  Now THAT'S a Saturday night, folks! M.A.G.I.C. has been one of the most fun groups I've ever had the privilege to sponsor. #always


No comments:

Post a Comment