Monday, January 16, 2017

Stealing Like an Artist

Stealing like an artist on format, today.  Thanks, Austin Kleon. :)

Taken in July of 2016 at the Fairy Gardens of Garvan Garden

So here are a few things going on with me...

1. My OLW for 2017 is Cultivate.  I have many things I'm hoping to cultivate, among them a literal cultivation of a garden.  I was, in part, inspired by my visit to the Garvan Gardens this summer in Hot Springs, Arkansas.  I've also just signed up for a free online class to learn more about herbs and I've requested seed catalogs from Johnny's Selected SeedsSeed Saver Exchange and Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds. I'm excited about this new adventure.  I haven't had a garden since I was a child and it feels long overdue.

2. As I begin anew to cultivate a daily writing habit that moves my hopes-to-grow-into-a-novel forward, I keep The War of Art with me.  This book, y'all.  #genius

3. I just finished listening to Big, Little Lies by Liane Moriarty on Audible. LOVED it, and listening to it gave me the added bonus of hearing lovely Australian accents.  I'm also listening to Born a Crime by Trevor Noah--so, so good. 

4. I have a new favorite soup--Beef Barley Soup--that can be made in the slow cooker or on the stovetop and is perfect for a rainy Saturday.  It makes the house smell divine and I just let it simmer all day long.  Yum!

5. As usual, I'm in the middle of multiple books right now.  Marlene: A Novel is one of them.  I've loved biographies all my life--I can remember scouring the Sherman Public Library as a child and reading about the glamour days of Hollywood via its sparkling celebrities.  I'm enjoying this fictionalized one--wow! what a one-of-a-kind Dietrich was.

Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment