Wednesday, June 16, 2010

well then.

Feeling irritable today.  Perhaps its the loads of laundry yet to be folded and put away.  Or the millionth set of dishes yet to be washed.  Summer vacation is, in theory, an excellent thing.  This one just hasn't felt like vacation all that much, at least not yet. 

I've been doing a bit of planning for next year...trying to get my ducks in a row.  I've looked through LM_NET and TLC listserves and various and sundry blogs.  The world is filled with amazing ideas.  I mean, there are some really kickin' librarians out there doing incredible work.

It is as intimidating as it is inspiring. 

Man, I just wonder will I ever reach that point?  That point where I feel like yeah, I'm still learning, still growing and improving, but that I've pretty much made a positive mark on the planet? 

I suppose I do feel that way at times.  Perhaps just not when the laundry is calling incessantly.  ;)

Off to do more reading, reading, reading.  I LOVE being on the Lone Star committee--it is such an honor and a priviledge that I don't take for granted.  But, it is a ton of work as well. Thank goodness I love to read and I do it quickly!

More later-

No comments:

Post a Comment