Monday, March 20, 2017

my life by the numbers {solsc day 20}

Inspired by this post over the weekend, I decided to make my own life by the numbers post.  Like my inspiration, this will be a rebel version in which I'll use any numbers I darn well please.  It's been that kind of day, folks.  ;)

2- the number of siblings that share my birthday.  Yes, I'm serious.  My mother is a SUPER Type-A.  (well, she is, but in truth, I was 2 weeks late and they were about 6 weeks early.) My fifth birthday party will always be my most memorable.  I mean, it is really difficult to top twin brothers crashing your party with their birth.

3- my favorite number.  It's the magic number. 3 just feels right for just about everything. I mean, 5, 7, and 11 are also good---but 3?  Three is fabulous.

17 -the number of homes I've lived in over the years.

18- the number of years I've been married to my husband.  Like most couples we have lived through some serious stuff together and have have made it through.  He still makes me laugh each and every day.  Sometimes it is at him and sometimes it is with him, but he does keep me laughing.  That is a quality that is hard to find and one I treasure.

26- the number of years as an educator.  I started off as a kinder teacher--and through life's twists and turns I've now taught every elementary level, plus been an elementary, middle school, and now high school librarian. I loved my time in the regular classroom, but y'all I am living my dream job. Had you told me this even 10 years ago I would have laughed in your face and called you a liar, but here we are.  I fully intend to do this until retirement, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

47 -the number of years spent on this earth come April 10th. I'm cool with 47.  It doesn't bother me one bit for people to know my age--I've earned every crow's foot and every laugh line, baby.  This is one year closer to me being on the Today show telling folks my secrets to long life, which is a quirky future goal of mine.  Bet you know how old my brothers are now, too, don'tcha?

180 -the number of degrees between my political views and those of the majority of my friends and family.  It has made for an interesting year. I strive to remain salt & light.  I'm not always successful in this endeavor, but I will say that I seek to understand those with views different from my own rather than to write them off.

4 comments:

  1. I love your numbers post! I will have to borrow this idea! Congrats for your 47 years! I turn that in April too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved learning something new about you and reminded of things I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your number post and how you added more information to each number. I can sense your sassiness with this blog! I enjoyed reading your slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, and will steal with (maybe I'll try to use YOUR numbers!), too. But 180... hmmm... the number of thin mints I've eaten this month???

    ReplyDelete