Monday, March 10, 2014

Diva Book Club (SOL Day 10)


Long ago and far away in a time before grad school and my 4 year old, I was lucky enough to belong to an amazing book club.  We met one evening a month, took turns hosting in our various homes, and read some great books.

Then life happened and I had to leave the group in order to maintain some level of sanity (seriously my husband and I were both in grad school, each working full time, raising our 6 year old and pregnant with our second all at the same time.  Something had to give!)

Now, I probably don't have to tell you that I read a lot.  A. LOT.  I'm sure I would even if I wasn't a librarian (because to tell you the truth I was that kid who fell asleep with the lights on while reading more often than not), but over the past few years I haven't really read many books outside of my for-middle-school-students reading until the amazing women I eat lunch with every day (the 7th grade teams at my campus)and I decided to create a lunchtime book club this year.

We have really had a great time and bonded in a whole new way.  Sharing books will do that. Some of us were even able to get together today for a movie over spring break and the conversation *of course* turned to our newest selection, Tina Fey's Bossypants.   I'm so excited! I just got my copy and haven't had a chance to start it yet, but I guarantee I will read it this week because we are all just so excited to have the chance to discuss it when we get back to reality next week.

Read books.
Share books.
Make friends.
(movies & food are good, too!)


















1 comment:

  1. I loved listening to Tina Fey read BossyPants.
    (for my bookclub).

    Starting a bookclub at lunch at school sounds revolutionary.
    I'm already wondering who I could invite....

    :-) Coolio.

    ReplyDelete