image from: http://countrytraveleronline.com/
Today has been an altogether lovely day. I really needed it to be, as it has been a bit tough lately and I'm ever so glad the planets aligned or the gods were smiling, or whatever happened happened to make it so.
It is getting late, and I still have to finish prepping my lesson for tomorrow's 8th grade classes (on author's purpose, in case you were wondering) so today's slice will be a simple list of today's awesomeness.
- Late start. Beautiful thing--most of the greatness of a "snow day" without having to make it up in June.
- Made an IHOP-worthy breakfast for the family (see #1) of hash browns, scrambled eggs, biscuits and bacon. Delish.
- Before I even made it to the library doors this morning I was stopped by a student who "just had to tell me how amazing the third book in the Unwind series is" and thank me for getting him started on them. Music to my ears.
- Having students in the library all day long who are excited to read. Students that were there to stock up on necessary reading material before spring break.
- My student who quietly came to my office during his lunch just to check in with me and let me know he is struggling with a couple of classes right now. He trusted me to take him seriously and help him work out a plan to speak with his teachers about getting caught up.
- Writers on the Storm (my writers group) met tonight. These are seriously some of the best people I know and I love to gather and talk writing (and life) with them.
- We met at a Tex-Mex place here in town. My fave. Chips and salsa AND writerish talk? What can beat that, I ask you?
- Coming home to a roaring fire in the fireplace and then taking a lovely hot bath (with some yummy smelling and oh-so-relaxing spearment and eucalyptus bath salts). Ah, what a way to wind down.
- My daughters were actually SWEET to one another tonight before bed. Joy, indeed.
- Time all to myself right now. Just me--sitting in my favorite chair---fire still crackling and warming the room--writing. Bliss!