Day 10 of the Slice of Life Challenge from Two Writing Teachers
The genrefication is moving along swimmingly. By the time I left work today I had completed two sections of the first bookshelf--which I realize doesn't sound like much but is right on target for the goal I've set for completing an entire side of each Fiction bookshelf per week.
After much deliberation, I've settled on the following genres to label:
These labels will be placed at the top of the book spine, and I have some secondary labels available for the bottom of the spine (these won't change the location of the book, but will just aid students in finding what they want within a genre section) of Sports, Romance, and Suspense.
So, all the books will be labeled, have their spine labels changed to reflect the genre, and be changed in the catalog. I'm also making sure to denote the series in the cataloging (ex. Need Chronicles, bk. 2) as I go along.
My plan is to label all the books first, and then do the big switcharoo once I have a better idea the size area I will need for each section.
It is a big undertaking, but I love being able to see the progress as I move along and the students have been so excited to know this is where we are headed.