Monday, March 30, 2015

the tangibles

Day 30 of the Slice of Life Challenge

I've written about how much this challenge has given me, and about some of the lessons learned. What I haven't mentioned are the tangible things I've gained from reading posts from other slicers.

  • I've ordered some Red Rose tea.  The original 100-count box because THOSE are the ones the whimsies come in.  It's a thing.  Ask the Google.  
  • Both Steal Like an Artist and Show Your Work by Austin Kleon are on their way to me and should arrive tomorrow.
  • A  coloring book for grown-ups, Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford will eventually be on its way to me---as soon as they are back in stock.  Who knew these were so popular?
  • Also, a 48-count box of new gel pens because clearly one needs new pretty pens when one has a gorgeous new coloring book. 
These are VERY exciting developments, friends.  Not only am I feeling like a complete winner for meeting my goal of writing & posting every day in March, as well as commenting on at least 3 other slices per day, but I've come away with some great new play pretties that will add fun & knowledge to my life!

2 comments:

  1. You and I have not visited the same slices to leave comments, but now I will be doing some research about the things on your list. I'm not sure about Red Rose tea and Whimsies, but coloring books for grown-ups sound fabulous...count me in! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you gleaned some great stuff over these past 31 days! The figures are Nautical now. we can get Red Rose in the store here but I'm pretty sure it isn't available everywhere unless you do get it online. Enjoy!! And enjoy all those other newfound toys and trinkets!

    ReplyDelete