Sunday, March 6, 2016

Celebrating him -- Slice of Life: Day 6

This month I will participate in the Slice of Life Challenge!
My goal is to Write. Share. Give. each & every day of March.  
Check out Two Writing Teachers for more info


Today is my husband's birthday.  He is out for a long morning run and I'm on the couch drinking my favorite coffee as I ponder exactly what to write for today's slice. The girls are, thankfully, still asleep. 

Jeff and I have been married for 17 years.  We re-met at our 10-year high school reunion.  We lived across the street from each other when we were 8. He gets me & I get him.

I am so grateful for this man who makes me laugh, who loves me even when I'm a cranky monkey, who doesn't try to change me.  He is ever steady and loyal and true.  He is a reader & a ponderer. His laughter fills the room. His eyes sparkle with mischief. He loves the woods.

So, happy, happy birthday to my fella that I love ever so much. 

4 comments:

  1. I think you should print out this blog post and put it in his birthday card. :-) It's great to have a wonderful partner in your corner; I've got one too, wouldn't trade him for the world! Enjoy this special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband sounds like a wonderful man. May he have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I love stories that speak of how wonderful husbands are. So often, we hear the negative part of marriage, but I'm right there with you and adore my husband of 26 years. It gets better every year. Tell you husband happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I love stories that speak of how wonderful husbands are. So often, we hear the negative part of marriage, but I'm right there with you and adore my husband of 26 years. It gets better every year. Tell you husband happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete