Saturday, March 19, 2016

We're all MAD here!





Celebrating the SFA Lumberjacks today!  If you watched last night's game against West Virginia, you know why.  What a win!  #Walkupisabeast 

Yes, March Madness is in full swing, and we are all mad here!

The skies shone purple in my little town last night.  The pride felt by all in Nac--not just the university folks. 


I moved to Nacogdoches originally to attend SFA. They have an amazing education program, and the small campus is lovely, filled with tall pines and great people. It just suits me, and it felt like I had come home.

Many folks have underestimated us. We are small. We have a meandering pace & a distinctive Texan drawl. We are located in the Piney Woods, closer to Louisiana than either Dallas or Houston. And...
we rock. 

The game last night was flippin' exciting from start to finish.  I love a good Cinderella story, and my Lumberjacks are definitely that.  

Side-by-side with my Lumberjack pride, these facts have me reflecting on my students. I want to remember that no matter how "small" or different they might appear to be, I want to make sure I don't count them out, that I don't underestimate them, and that I celebrate what makes them different because that is also what makes them unique & beautiful. 

I'll cheer my team on against Notre Dame Sunday, and will be filled with pride no matter the outcome.  And Monday I'll be back at work. I want to make it a point to cheer my students on, as well. No matter the outcome, our students need to know we believe in them, we stand with them, and we are not counting them out. 

#AxeEm
Stephen. F. Austin fountain at SFA



This month I will participate in the Slice of Life Challenge!
My goal is to Write. Share. Give. each & every day of March.  
Check out Two Writing Teachers for more info!

2 comments:

  1. Great to get so involved with sports. Sounds like how I feel about politics!!! Keep it going!!!!
    Bonnie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that your team is doing well. Great to support them thru March Madness.

    ReplyDelete