Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Grateful

Today's list of simple gratitudes:
  1. Green Tea bath soap.  It just smells so clean and delicious, y'all. 
  2. Walking through the gorgeous azalea gardens this time of year.  
  3. Rewatching my comfort movies like Harry Potter, When Harry Met Sally, and Legally Blonde.
  4. A great mug of coffee.  (H.E.B. brand San Antonio blend, whole bean is my fave).
  5. Curling up with a good book on a rainy day (I am totally prepared and ready for the weather that is scheduled to hit us Thursday with a few great reads to choose from!)
  6. Time with my family.  We never fail to laugh when we are together. 
  7. Snuggles with my little.  
  8. Sonic Happy Hour (2-4, y'all, and their blackberry tea is greatness)
  9. Willie Nelson duets. I have a weirdly wide range of musical interests, but Willie's voice never fails to soothe me. It reminds me of my era of living in an old neighborhood with artists & writers & musicians and we'd just all congregate in a front yard and soon there would be several folks pickin' and singin' and yummy food and laughter and watching kids play & fireflies dance. Life seemed so simple and sure.  Check out this one with Dolly Parton.
  10. Free MOOCs.  I'm taking a cool genealogy course based at a Scottish university right now.  I think it is amazing to be able to connect with folks all over the world based on shared interests and to learn something.  And, FREE, y'all.  
taken today at the gardens




This month I will participate in the Slice of Life Challenge!
My goal is to Write. Share. Give. each & every day of March.  
Check out Two Writing Teachers for more info!

3 comments:

  1. Azaleas! I miss them. I grew up in Georgia and remember the explosion of color around this time of year. (Now I live in South Dakota--nary an azalea in sight!) This is a great idea for a post--totally stealing for later in the month (Or maybe today--who knows??).

    ReplyDelete