Today's list of simple gratitudes:
- Green Tea bath soap. It just smells so clean and delicious, y'all.
- Walking through the gorgeous azalea gardens this time of year.
- Rewatching my comfort movies like Harry Potter, When Harry Met Sally, and Legally Blonde.
- A great mug of coffee. (H.E.B. brand San Antonio blend, whole bean is my fave).
- Curling up with a good book on a rainy day (I am totally prepared and ready for the weather that is scheduled to hit us Thursday with a few great reads to choose from!)
- Time with my family. We never fail to laugh when we are together.
- Snuggles with my little.
- Sonic Happy Hour (2-4, y'all, and their blackberry tea is greatness)
- Willie Nelson duets. I have a weirdly wide range of musical interests, but Willie's voice never fails to soothe me. It reminds me of my era of living in an old neighborhood with artists & writers & musicians and we'd just all congregate in a front yard and soon there would be several folks pickin' and singin' and yummy food and laughter and watching kids play & fireflies dance. Life seemed so simple and sure. Check out this one with Dolly Parton.
- Free MOOCs. I'm taking a cool genealogy course based at a Scottish university right now. I think it is amazing to be able to connect with folks all over the world based on shared interests and to learn something. And, FREE, y'all.
|taken today at the gardens|
This month I will participate in the Slice of Life Challenge!
My goal is to Write. Share. Give. each & every day of March.
Check out Two Writing Teachers for more info!